OKSHF Research Grant at USC Korean Heritage Library
The Korean Heritage Library (KHL) at the University of Southern California is pleased to announce research grants for researchers, librarians, and educators in Korean Studies. Thanks to generous support from the Overseas Korean Studies and Heritage Foundation (OKSHF), the grant assists scholars in their use of USC Korean Heritage Library’s resources for research to promote scholarship in Korean Studies.
Scholars and librarians whose research can benefit from the resources at the USC Korean Heritage Library. This program is open to scholars from Korea and other countries outside the United States and to those at domestic U.S. institutions with few Korean library resources.
A maximum of $3,000 awarded during 2016 to support up to 3 scholars.
· International scholars: up to $2,000
· Domestic scholars: up to $1,000
· : Deadline for proposals
· : Notification of awards
· : Deadline for the use of the grant
Benefits for Grantees
· Partial support for costs related to consulting resources at the USC Libraries as part of their research on Korea (travel, accommodations, meals, copying, etc.)
· USC library privileges and support from USC KHL faculty and staff during their research visit
· Active engagement with USC’s dynamic community of Korean Studies faculty and students through workshops and informal gatherings
Requirements for Grantees
· A brief report at the end of on-site research
· Works resulting from the OKSHF Research Grant must acknowledge the grant in all publications and/or presentations
· Gift copies of all publications resulting from the grant must be submitted to the USC Libraries. If this is not possible, citations must be reported for KHL’s records
· Submitting receipts for reimbursement up to the amount of the award - general guidelines for allowable costs are contained in OMB Circular A-21
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of USC librarians.
Inquiries may be directed to:
· Joy Kim, Curator of the Korean Heritage Library: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Kenneth Klein, Head of the East Asian Library: email@example.com
Submit the following documentation via email attachments with subject line “OKSHF Research Grant application” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
· A brief statement (approximately 250 words) describing your research project and its purpose, needs for on-site research at USC KHL, proposed visit schedule, and an estimated budget
· A curriculum vitae